Four startups drawn from Ireland - north and south - have been selected to pitch at Northern Ireland’s newest entrepreneurial support network.
Friday Night Mashup (fridaynightmashup.com) is a regular event series created “to connect and empower entrepreneurs to go out and take on the world”. CanDo3D, Komodo and Pirate Dashboard from the north and Sian’s Plan from the Republic of Ireland will demo at the event on Friday November 29 at the Titanic Dock’s and Pumphouse in Belfast’s Titanic Quarter.
Over 150 leading figures in tech, business, investment and media from Belfast, Dublin and Derry will attend the event which aims to provide a platform for new talent and act as a launchpad for local companies seeking to make an impact in export markets in the US and Europe.
The four pitching companies are:
- CanDo3D is a developer of interactive 3D content, including software engineering and content creation. The company is in final stage development of a scalable technology layer enabling both users to easily interact with complex 3D scenes using simple mouse or touch interaction, and 3D artists to quickly place new content within an interactive environment
- Komodo is a learning app for making kids great at Maths and is aimed at young people aged 5 to 11 years old. The app works on tablets and desktops, and is designed for home use and busy families - engaging parents and learners in a fun, rewarding and effective way
- Sian’s Plan offers digital tools and support to help busy parents more easily provide real, healthy, home-cooked food. Along with optimising family’s health, Sian’s Plan can help reclaim £700 a year by eliminating food waste.
- Pirate Dashboard provides startups a framework focused on customer success and investor interest. It provides a unified view into their own startup across the areas of: acquisition; activation; retention; revenue; and referral. This enables a startup to derive actionable insights and modify their startup's behaviour and gear them towards successful outcomes.
Organiser Aaron Taylor said: “The four companies demo-ing at Friday Night Mashup are extremely exciting, highly scalable startups that are poised to make a major impact in their respective markets. We trust that by bringing experts, potential customers and strategic partners together Friday Night Mashup can help to propel participating companies forward to ever greater things.”
Aside from demos, a high-quality speaking will be presenting on the evening. These are:
- John Pryor, Corporate Innovation consultant for RocketSpace in San Francisco
- Paul McDonnell, Start Up Director at the Dublin Web Summit, Europe’s largest technology event
- The team behind Brewbot - the product that combines smart technology with home-brewing - which recently attracted over £100,000 on the crowdfunding platform Kickstarter and are also this months FNM Hottest Start Up.
The event - which is sponsored by Belfast City Council as main sponsor and NI Science Park, Hays, Verizon, Digital DNA, ASG, Cleaver Fulton Rankin and Atlas Communications - will also feature Kickstarter company of the month Patchblocks. The company will be demoing their music hardware via a live DJ set.
For further information about Friday Night Mashup and upcoming events log on to http://www.fridaynightmashup.