Saturday, 31 October 2015
PayPal challenges travel guru to go Pole to Pole without cash
PayPal is challenging renowned lifestyle and travel blogger and YouTuber, Steve Booker, to get from one end of the world to the other – completely cash free.
“PayPal Pole2Pole” will see Steve attempt to complete a marathon journey from one tip of the globe to the other, taking in eight countries, three continents and even the world’s most southerly city, Ushuaia, all in just two weeks. Crucially, he will not be carrying a single coin or bank note and will instead secure his travel, accommodation and adventures via PayPal.
At various stops along the way, Steve will be met by well-known personalities who have a large local following on their social media channels. They will join him for unforgettable experiences throughout his journey. These include:
· Dog-sledding through the Northern Lights and snow of Svalbard (a group of Norwegian islands in the Arctic Ocean)
· Exploring the depths of Moscow’s underground tunnels and the heights of the “Seven Sisters” (a group of Stalin-era skyscrapers)
· A hunt for hipster street art in Berlin
· An anniversary screening of Back to the Future at the famous Le Grand Rex cinema in Paris
· An extreme mountain biking tour of Barcelona
· A jaw-dropping microlight flight along the coast of South Africa
· A helicopter flight over the islands off Ushuaia (on the southern coast of Isla Grande de Tierra del Fuego , Argentina and often referred to as the southernmost city of the world)
Steve Booker says: “I’m used to visiting different places and experiencing new things as part of writing my blog but going the length of the planet without any cash on me is a whole new level. I already use PayPal, so when they came to me with the idea and the itinerary for the trip, I jumped at the chance to get involved.”
Rupert Keeley, CEO of PayPal EMEA says:
“People have been dreaming of travelling lightly for many years. Few imagined that it might be possible to travel from pole to pole without cash, but Steve Booker is about to attempt to do just that, with a little help from PayPal and his smartphone.
“This epic cashless journey shows how far PayPal has come. With countless travel companies, retailers and other businesses around the world accepting PayPal, you too can ditch your wallet and use your smartphone, tablet or computer to make your next adventure a reality. We wish Steve every success on his journey and look forward to hearing about his travels from the top to the bottom of the world."
Among the people Steve will meet during his journey are:
· Artem Korolev (Russia) – Popular Russian TV host, celebrity and business man and owner of popular downtown restaurant Dandy Café.
· Vanessa Pur (Germany) – “Fashion meets travel” blogger and media personality
· Mouloud Achour (France) – TV host, journalist, musician, actor and screenwriter
· Josef Ajram (Spain) – Stockbroker by day, extreme sports junkie by night
· Pabi Moloi (South Africa) – national TV and radio presenter
PayPal is at the forefront of the world’s move towards a cashless society. Used by millions of shoppers and businesses around the globe, it is a simple, more secure and convenient way to pay – wherever and whenever you want.
People can also follow every thrill and spill of his journey via #Pole2Pole or on the following social media channels:
Posted by Editor in Chief at 14:55