Many companies in Ireland are ‘going remote’ for the first time, out of necessity rather than choice. With the arrival of Storm Ophelia to Ireland, forcing school closures, limited public transport and warnings for people to stay in-doors, Abodoo are highlighting reasons why companies should encourage remote working all year round.
Top 7 reasons to go remote with your workforce:
- Remote workers save, on average, between €2,000 and €7,000 and hundreds of hours of travel time per year – just by removing their daily commute.
- 82% of those who work from home report lower stress levels as a result.
- 58% of companies in Ireland (in a 2016 survey of 540 companies) confirmed they are investing in cloud technology, of which 46% confirmed this would benefit remote working.
- 15% of large multinational companies in Ireland now support home-working, and this figure is increasing year on year.
- Companies that promote remote working report an increase in staff retention of over 50 per cent; and a reduction in absenteeism of 63%.
- 91% of companies that facilitate remote working experience increased productivity.
- Companies will save an average of €11,000 per employee that is remote and many start by implementing a hybrid or flexible model.
Abodoo, the online platform that connects employers directly with professionals who want to work remotely, has attracted support from the IDA and open eir.
Vanessa Tierney, co founder of Abodoo is a champion of flexible working. She stated today: “More and more companies want to find great remote workers. Until Abodoo there was no dedicated job platform for connecting employers and workers in Europe. We have made it free to access and have a panel of experts on hand to support companies in their workforce transition
“Ireland and the UK have some of the best national fibre roll out initiatives in Europe, which will bring huge flexibility for where employees work.”
Employers and those seeking remote-working careers can register now at www.abodoo.com.